Media Literacy Observatory for Active Citizenship and Sustainable Democracy
The mission of MELIA is to develop a transnational media literacy observatory, based on the involvement and cooperation of relevant stakeholders. The observatory will serve as a mechanism for increasing media literacy and thus strengthening citizens’ respective competences. The main target groups are the youth, their educators, and their broader environment.
The primary goal of MELIA is to develop a digital solution based on artificial intelligence that supports its users to avoid Internet deceptions and recognize fake news. The project will provide training platform and policy recommendations for upgrading media literacy in relation with other civic skills.
Main results to be achieved based on our proposed core activities:
1) Developing an online tool to raise citizens’ media awareness, especially among young people
2) Establishing guidelines for the development of national action plans
3) Creating educational materials, provision of trainings, pilot projects
4) Elaboration of reading books on media literacy
5) Sharing online educational materials
6) Elaboration of a media literacy strategy, capacity building
The advantages of participating in the project:
– Stakeholders get access to valuable materials during the vocational training
– Participants can use innovative teaching materials
– SMEs can get support in internationalization
– Effective contribution to social responsibility
Co-financed by the European Union and the Hungarian State, the Budapest Chamber of Commerce and Industry participates in this Interreg Central European Programme project as a partner.
Official website of the project: http://www.interreg-danube.eu/approved-projects/melia-observatory